Massage – Deep tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage designed to relieve muscle/connective tissue (such as facae) tension. This type of massage often focuses on the deeper tissues of the body. This form of massage is often recommended for individuals who are carry out heavy physical activity, such as manual workers of athletes. However due to its effectiveness in pain this form of massage is effective in general for people suffering with aches and pains and can be tailored to suit the individual.
Unlike other forms of massage therapy, deep tissue massage is often implemented to treat musculo-skeletal disorders encompassing a large number of body work techniques. This may include:
- Stretching muscles and fascae
- Mobilisation of joints
- Manipulating muscles, ligaments or tendons of the body
Deep tissue massage is applied to both the superficial and deep layers of muscles, fascia, and other structures with the aim of:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Increase or decrease muscle tone and length
- Remodel and break down old scar tissue
If you find yourself suffering with general aches or pains at the end of your day why not book yourself in for a deep tissue massage treatment at the Estuary Clinic.